Preschool-aged children are full of energy and curiosity. Finding summer enrichment activities for them can be a challenge. They need activities that give them the chance to learn and grow. Living in Phoenix, you know it’s hard to play outside when the temperature is cracking 100 degrees. Luckily, there are plenty of summer enrichment opportunities for your preschool student in Phoenix that can help you and your kids beat the heat. Summer Camp Preschoolers can benefit from a little bit of independence. Summer camp is the perfect opportunity for that. Camp can be great enrichment for your preschooler in Phoenix. Since Phoenix is a large city, it has an abundance of day camp options for your kid’s summer enrichment.
- If your kid is full of energy and always on the move, then you might consider enrolling them in a sports camp. Those can include soccer, basketball, and more, depending on your child’s age. Kids who start playing sports at a young age have a real advantage when it’s time to play on teams in high school.
- Children who love to chat may enjoy a language camp. Spanish is a commonly spoken language in the southwest and your child would benefit from learning it early. Learning languages only gets harder as you age.
- There are plenty of camp options available for animal loving kids. If your child loves horses, then they are in luck. There are camps available for children as young as five.
Encourage your kid’s talent by enrolling them in a camp that allows them to explore their musical side.
Explore a Museum
Museums are a wonderful preschool enrichment idea for children. It is a chance for your child to learn and explore with you at their side.
Phoenix is home to the perfect museum for preschoolers. The Children’s Museum of Phoenix has a variety of exhibits and programs that are fun for children up to the age of ten. They can enjoy hands-on summer enrichment activities in the Art Studio. Also get a taste of adventure in the Schuff-Perini Climber, or role-play in The Market. There is even the Book Loft where you and your child can read together.
Learn at the Science Center
The Arizona Science Center has learning opportunities for people of all ages. They also have special programs for preschoolers. Their Preschool Saturday Science Classes are perfect for inquisitive young children who want to learn more about how the world works. The kids participate in experiments in all areas of S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) learning.
The Science Center also has a variety of fun exhibits and live demonstrations throughout the day, so there are many opportunities for learning and exploration. This is a wonderful summer enrichment option for children interested in science.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to teach your child to have a giving and caring nature. This is especially true when they start at a young age and are able to watch you volunteering with them. It can also provide a great summer enrichment opportunity for your preschooler. Most volunteer opportunities are for teens and older kids, but there are still some great volunteer roles that preschoolers can take on.
- At Valley of the Sun United Way, children as young as five can help put together hunger backpacks for children in need.
- Families Giving Back has a variety of volunteer events where children of all ages can volunteer.
This is the perfect summer enrichment idea for kids in Phoenix because it gets them out of the heat and into the water. Pools are everywhere in Phoenix, so it is easy to find a swimming class that is convenient for you.
It is important for kids to learn to swim at a young age. This is for their own safety since pools are so abundant in Phoenix and there is an increased risk of drowning. Learning how to swim early can prevent that from happening.
Swimming is also a great sport to get your children into as a great form of exercise that is also low-impact. That means your child could go on swimming throughout their life without damaging their body.
Phoenix is full of summer enrichment activities for preschoolers. From educational day trips to summer classes, you will never have to worry about your child being bored.